Participation in trade fairs can be profitable for your organization. It’s the perfect way to connect with prospects and to maintain business relationships. You can launch a new product or service and give a demonstration. However, how can you stand out between hundreds of other booths? These 5 essential tips will take your booth to a higher level.
1. Prelaunch your participation
Unfortunately, you can't just lay back and hope that people will show up by themselves. You have to trigger people to visit your booth in advance. But how? Prelaunch your participation in a memorable way:
- Personally invite your clients to visit your booth. Give them a reason why they should stop by. For example, a sneak peek of your new product. You can also make appointments for personal meetings, or just invite your relationships to grab a coffee together.
- Organize a competition. For example, ‘Win a unique goodie bag valued at € 100’. Make sure that the goodie bag is filled with qualitative products like a sportswear outfit, a sweater, a beanie and a scarf. Branded clothing products can be a powerful marketing tool. There’s only one condition: the clothing products have to be wearable. A creative clothing design that matches your corporate identity is very important to make this happen.
→ Do you want to create a unique goodiebag? Contact us, we are happy to help you.
- Communicate your presence on your social media channels. Tip: LinkedIn is a powerful business platform. Make sure that you tell something unique: why should someone visit your booth? For example, the release of a new product, a competition or action, a unique experience… Every post must have 1 big advantage.
- Repeat, repeat and repeat. Don’t just post one time on LinkedIn, post your message several times and on various social media outlets. Or do something atypical: trigger people with a countdown clock on your website. That way, people will be asking themselves: ‘What will happen?’. Curiosity always works!
2. The perfect first impression
You never have a second chance to make a first impression.
Your booth as well as your team have to make a lasting impression. People have to recognize the team members. This may sound logical, but exhibitors often forget this basic principle. If your people are not recognizable, visitors will not be eager to talk to someone from your booth. Branded clothing is the best way to achieve a uniform team.
PRO tip: be different and choose memorable clothing. Don’t go for T-shirts with a big logo. What you must do: choose clothing that makes your team stand out. For example, premium shirts are perfect to reflect pure class. Visitors will perceive your products or services as valuable when your team makes a great impression wearing qualitative clothing. If you go for branded clothes, make sure that your corporate identity is recognizable. That’s why you need an experienced clothing designer.
Do you want to stand out with a team in qualitative clothing? Contact us, we are happy to help you.
3. Create a memorable booth
Dewaele Real Estate recently launched an employer branding campaign. The baseline of the campaign was ‘Van je sokken geblazen door vastgoed?’ (That’s Dutch for: Real estate blows your socks off’). The campaign enforced the community feeling of the employees and attracted the attention of other talented potential employees. However, what’s the success factor of the campaign? Well, real socks off course. We created socks for Dewaele Real estate, packed with a custom cardboard with the campaign baseline. The socks were a real eye-catcher during the fair. Visitors who got the chance to receive the socks were really happy with them and actually posted pictures of themselves on social media wearing their new socks.
Create memorable moments: a booth full of experience, matching merchandise, a team that stands out… Create a booth that visitors will never forget.
4. Spoil your visitors
A custom gift always works. Your visitors will feel happy to receive a present and it will make them remember you. Of course, make sure that visitors are interested in your business, not just in your gift.
Which present will work? Chocolates, candy or pens,… These are nice gadgets, but you better give something more valuable. A tote bag is perfect as a goodiebag. The bag will actually be worn, certainly if you print a creative design. This is the best marketing strategy as your company name will be extremely visible. You can surprise your visitors with creative merchandise that’s inside the bag, for example: a T-shirt, a pair of sunglasses, your folder, a coupon code,..
How do you create the perfect goodiebag?
Our business experts create your custom goodiebag. Contact us for more information.
5. Attract visitors
Make sure that there are people ready at your booth to receive visitors. Curious visitors should be greeted immediately.
Think outside the box. Launch something original to attract visitors. For example: during breaks, the colleagues of Merchandise Essentials challenge each other to play a ping-pong match. Now, the ping-pong obsession is getting a little bit out of control as the team often organizes ‘The Grand Merchandise ping-pong tournaments’. There is a real ping-pong vibe, and that’s why we organized a ping-pong tournament at our booth during a fair. It was a huge success, people were standing in line to play.
This is only one example. In our case, the ping pong match worked because it's an integral part of our company. You can also organize a competition during the fair and create buzz by handing out folders to visitors. Besides a competition, launching mini-events is an other creative possibility. For example an ‘Inspirational Q&A with the managers’ or a signature session with a famous person. Think about what makes your company unique and try to make it an accessible event.
Make your fair memorable
Are you ready to stand out at your next fair? With these 5 tips, you will definitely have positive results. Most important of all: make sure that your team stands out through branded clothing. Don’t hesitate to contact one of our business experts, we are happy to help you to launch a unique merchandise strategy for your next fair. Fill out the contact form, we will respond within 24 hours.